“Sorry,” Harington told Entertainment Weekly, when asked what he’d like to tell his fans now that his character’s journey from living to dead and back is complete. “I’d like to say sorry for lying to everyone.”
Harington, who publicly insisted his character wasn’t coming back as part of an extraordinary effort to preserve the surprise, spoke to Entertainment Weekly as part of an exclusive cover story being unveiled Monday morning.
“I’m glad that people were upset that he died,” Harington said. “I think my biggest fear was that people were not going to care. Or it would just be, ‘Fine, Jon Snow’s dead.’ But it seems like people had a, similar to the Red Wedding episode, kind of grief about it. Which means something I’m doing —or the show is doing—is right.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time