President Obama’s older daughter Malia will attend Harvard University after first taking a gap year, the White House said Sunday.
The brief statement did not say what the 17-year-old will be doing during the time off, which will partly coincide with her father’s final months in office.
Harvard, where both President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama earned law degrees, was one of the Ivy League schools said to be on the Sidwell Friends senior’s college list, along with her parents’ alma maters Columbia University and Princeton University.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate