President Obama’s older daughter Malia will attend Harvard University after first taking a gap year, the White House said Sunday.
The brief statement did not say what the 17-year-old will be doing during the time off, which will partly coincide with her father’s final months in office.
Harvard, where both President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama earned law degrees, was one of the Ivy League schools said to be on the Sidwell Friends senior’s college list, along with her parents’ alma maters Columbia University and Princeton University.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time