A guy walks into the restroom at a bar and looks in the mirror …
It sounds like the setup for a one-liner, but for customers at a bar in Los Angeles, it was anything but a joke.
Rather than seeing their own likeness when they looked into the mirror, the patrons at this party — many of them obviously tipsy — saw Kris Caudilla looking back at them in blue prison overalls. And he wasn’t just looking, he was talking, sharing his tragic story and warning them not to make the same mistake he did by driving drunk.
The after-hours apparition was…
Read the rest of the story from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far