At just 18-years-old, Kylie Jenner has created her own cosmetics line, helms a eponymous clothing line with sister Kendall and runs her own website, app and social channels, which give fans a front row seat to ‘Kylie’s World.’ Now, the young entrepreneur is opening up to Glamour UK about creating her own success, being a role model and where she envisions herself in two years.
“I do consider myself a feminist,” Jenner tells Glamour UK in an interview accompanying her June cover shoot for the magazine. “I’m a young woman, for one thing, and I don’t depend on a man or anybody else. I make my own money and start my own businesses, and I feel like I’m an inspiration for a lot of young girls who want to stand on their own.”
With her own income, the mogul in the making has been cut off from her mom Kris Jenner for years now, saying that she’s been paying for her own cars, houses and clothes since she was just 13-years-old. So where does she see herself as she continues to navigate adulthood? While the magazine reports that she might have her own Snapchat Discover channel by the end of 2016, Jenner claims that she might fade from the spotlight in the coming years.
“I only show people what I want them to see,” she shares. “And in time, I think I’ll just slowly start moving behind the scenes. The show has to end eventually, and I’m not going to leave until we’re done with it, but by 20 I want to have the whole of my cosmetics line out because that’s my primary focus. I definitely won’t want to be doing anything else that would make me more public.”
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working