A New York City pizza joint has taken a giant step forward on behalf of pizza-lovers everywhere, creating a box made entirely of pizza.
The new technique, which Vinnie’s Pizzeria in Brooklyn introduced on Wednesday, gives customers more pizza in the same space as a traditional box while also aiming to eliminate clutter and waste. The rectangular pizza box comes with a round pizza inside, all of which will cost about $40, NBC News reported.
“No waste, as it is all 100% pizza and 100% delicious. No more pizza boxes cluttering up your fridge or trash,” the pizzeria wrote on Instagram. “Totally PIEodegradable.”
Sean Berthiaume, one of the co-owners of Vinnie’s, said he made the box while experimenting on Wednesday, NBC reported.
“I thought, ‘What if you can make something that you can eat every part of?'” he said.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time