A New York City pizza joint has taken a giant step forward on behalf of pizza-lovers everywhere, creating a box made entirely of pizza.
The new technique, which Vinnie’s Pizzeria in Brooklyn introduced on Wednesday, gives customers more pizza in the same space as a traditional box while also aiming to eliminate clutter and waste. The rectangular pizza box comes with a round pizza inside, all of which will cost about $40, NBC News reported.
“No waste, as it is all 100% pizza and 100% delicious. No more pizza boxes cluttering up your fridge or trash,” the pizzeria wrote on Instagram. “Totally PIEodegradable.”
Sean Berthiaume, one of the co-owners of Vinnie’s, said he made the box while experimenting on Wednesday, NBC reported.
“I thought, ‘What if you can make something that you can eat every part of?'” he said.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List