A New York City pizza joint has taken a giant step forward on behalf of pizza-lovers everywhere, creating a box made entirely of pizza.
The new technique, which Vinnie’s Pizzeria in Brooklyn introduced on Wednesday, gives customers more pizza in the same space as a traditional box while also aiming to eliminate clutter and waste. The rectangular pizza box comes with a round pizza inside, all of which will cost about $40, NBC News reported.
“No waste, as it is all 100% pizza and 100% delicious. No more pizza boxes cluttering up your fridge or trash,” the pizzeria wrote on Instagram. “Totally PIEodegradable.”
Sean Berthiaume, one of the co-owners of Vinnie’s, said he made the box while experimenting on Wednesday, NBC reported.
“I thought, ‘What if you can make something that you can eat every part of?'” he said.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up