A New York City pizza joint has taken a giant step forward on behalf of pizza-lovers everywhere, creating a box made entirely of pizza.
The new technique, which Vinnie’s Pizzeria in Brooklyn introduced on Wednesday, gives customers more pizza in the same space as a traditional box while also aiming to eliminate clutter and waste. The rectangular pizza box comes with a round pizza inside, all of which will cost about $40, NBC News reported.
“No waste, as it is all 100% pizza and 100% delicious. No more pizza boxes cluttering up your fridge or trash,” the pizzeria wrote on Instagram. “Totally PIEodegradable.”
Sean Berthiaume, one of the co-owners of Vinnie’s, said he made the box while experimenting on Wednesday, NBC reported.
“I thought, ‘What if you can make something that you can eat every part of?'” he said.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms