As the world’s biggest celebrities get ready for Monday’s Met Gala, everyone else can rest easy knowing they won’t have to leave the comfort of their couches to see the night’s best— and strangest — looks in real time. For the first time ever, E! News will air the gala’s red carpet live, with coverage beginning at 7 p.m. EST.
This year, the ball — an annual event benefitting the Costume Institute — will feature a display of over 100 pieces of haute couture and ready-to-wear pieces, playing into the theme of “Manus x Machina: Fashion in an Age of Technology.”
“Traditionally, the distinction between the haute couture and prêt-à-porter was based on the handmade and the machine-made,” Andrew Bolton, curator of the Costume Institute, told Vogue. “But recently this distinction has become increasingly blurred as both disciplines have embraced the practices and techniques of the other.”
The 2016 Met Gala will take place on Monday, May 2, 2016 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science