Prince‘s coat from his 1984 film Purple Rain will go up for auction this summer.
The black and white blazer with leather sleeves will be put on the auction block at Profiles in History auction house in California on June 29, along with other memorabilia from famous musicians, the Associated Press reports.
“It’s definitely the most important piece of screen-worn Prince clothing that’s ever come up for auction,” said Joe Maddalena, president of the auction house. “This is the first time ever for something like this, and it might be the only time because the rest of the costumes may be in his (personal) wardrobe.”
Maddalena says he expects the blazer to fetch much more than the asking price of $6,000 to $8,000.
Prince was found dead at age 57 last week at his Minnesota home.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body