Prince‘s coat from his 1984 film Purple Rain will go up for auction this summer.
The black and white blazer with leather sleeves will be put on the auction block at Profiles in History auction house in California on June 29, along with other memorabilia from famous musicians, the Associated Press reports.
“It’s definitely the most important piece of screen-worn Prince clothing that’s ever come up for auction,” said Joe Maddalena, president of the auction house. “This is the first time ever for something like this, and it might be the only time because the rest of the costumes may be in his (personal) wardrobe.”
Maddalena says he expects the blazer to fetch much more than the asking price of $6,000 to $8,000.
Prince was found dead at age 57 last week at his Minnesota home.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now