Prince‘s coat from his 1984 film Purple Rain will go up for auction this summer.
The black and white blazer with leather sleeves will be put on the auction block at Profiles in History auction house in California on June 29, along with other memorabilia from famous musicians, the Associated Press reports.
“It’s definitely the most important piece of screen-worn Prince clothing that’s ever come up for auction,” said Joe Maddalena, president of the auction house. “This is the first time ever for something like this, and it might be the only time because the rest of the costumes may be in his (personal) wardrobe.”
Maddalena says he expects the blazer to fetch much more than the asking price of $6,000 to $8,000.
Prince was found dead at age 57 last week at his Minnesota home.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science