A man wearing an “adult animal onesie” and threatening to “blow up” a Baltimore TV station was shot by a police sniper Thursday before he could carry out his threat.
The man was still alive and lying in front of WBFF-TV, the Baltimore police said.
“He had some type of device in his hand,” said police spokesman T.J. Smith. “We are using a robot to approach him … He still poses a threat and that puts everyone in danger.”
The drama began around 1 p.m. when the oddly-dressed intruder entered the lobby of the FOX-TV affiliate. . .
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now