A man wearing an “adult animal onesie” and threatening to “blow up” a Baltimore TV station was shot by a police sniper Thursday before he could carry out his threat.
The man was still alive and lying in front of WBFF-TV, the Baltimore police said.
“He had some type of device in his hand,” said police spokesman T.J. Smith. “We are using a robot to approach him … He still poses a threat and that puts everyone in danger.”
The drama began around 1 p.m. when the oddly-dressed intruder entered the lobby of the FOX-TV affiliate. . .
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time