BBC documentary makers visiting England’s Farne Islands pulled a baby puffin — known as a “puffling” — out of its burrow to “see the world for the first time” in a BBC Earth clip published Wednesday.
“Puffins spend most of their lives at sea, but when they return to land, they become burrowers” to protect their young from predators like the “great skua,” the narrator says in footage shared on YouTube.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time