BBC documentary makers visiting England’s Farne Islands pulled a baby puffin — known as a “puffling” — out of its burrow to “see the world for the first time” in a BBC Earth clip published Wednesday.
“Puffins spend most of their lives at sea, but when they return to land, they become burrowers” to protect their young from predators like the “great skua,” the narrator says in footage shared on YouTube.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears