BBC documentary makers visiting England’s Farne Islands pulled a baby puffin — known as a “puffling” — out of its burrow to “see the world for the first time” in a BBC Earth clip published Wednesday.
“Puffins spend most of their lives at sea, but when they return to land, they become burrowers” to protect their young from predators like the “great skua,” the narrator says in footage shared on YouTube.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time