A pilot escaped from a fiery plane crash caught on camera this week in Alabama with only minor injuries, according to reports.
Pilot Russell Smith emerged from the plane shortly after the plane crashed into trees and caught fire, Smith suffered minor injuries to his hand but did not go to the hospital, according to an ABC News reports. No additional passengers were aboard the aircraft at the time of the crash.
“All hell was breaking loose,” he said, according to ABC. “It happened so quick I didn’t have time to think.”
The remains of the twin-engine Cessna aircraft will be removed when the Federal Aviation Administration has completed its investigation.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating