It’s that time of the year again. The time when everyone on the Internet is confronted with a photo of Justin Timberlake smiling and sporting his circa 2000 ramen noodle hair. Of course, that picture also features a now-infamous caption: “It’s gonna be May.”
For anyone who has somehow managed to avoid this meme since it became popular in 2012, the gag is a play off a moment in NSYNC’s hit “It’s Gonna Be Me” when J.T. sings the title lyric in a way that sounds like he’s announcing the start of a certain spring month.
While many have come to loathe the joke, the photo continues to go viral every April 30. In fact, it has become so pervasive that even President Barack Obama and Justin himself have gotten in on the action.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time