It’s that time of the year again. The time when everyone on the Internet is confronted with a photo of Justin Timberlake smiling and sporting his circa 2000 ramen noodle hair. Of course, that picture also features a now-infamous caption: “It’s gonna be May.”
For anyone who has somehow managed to avoid this meme since it became popular in 2012, the gag is a play off a moment in NSYNC’s hit “It’s Gonna Be Me” when J.T. sings the title lyric in a way that sounds like he’s announcing the start of a certain spring month.
While many have come to loathe the joke, the photo continues to go viral every April 30. In fact, it has become so pervasive that even President Barack Obama and Justin himself have gotten in on the action.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror