A winter storm bringing snow and ice is expected to hit more than two dozen states and at least 100 million people from Colorado to Maine this week.
Starting on Tuesday and into Wednesday, the storm may drop six inches of snow or more on parts of Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, according to AccuWeather. A stretch of rain will move in underneath the snow belt, affecting parts of Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland and Rhode Island, among others.
The storm is moving in just as people are still digging out of two recent snowfalls in the Midwest and northeast.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.