A few days ago it was announced that Pearl Mackie would be joining Doctor Who as the 13th Doctor’s new companion. Mackie, who has been honing her acting chops on stage in London during the National Theatre’s production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, will play Bill, traveling through time and space alongside the Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi (who is sadly not a Corgi).
The new season will feature the Doctor and his new companion running from “the deadliest alien war machine ever devised,” which naturally means the Doctor’s longtime enemy, the dastardly Dalek, are involved.
While Mackie told the BBC that Bill was “cool, strong, sharp, a little bit vulnerable with a bit of geekiness thrown in,” Bill does not manage to keep her cool when encountering her first Dalek. Watch the video to see Mackie’s adorably un-chill reaction to meeting the Doctor’s fearsome enemy for the first time.
The new season will premiere in 2017, or now, if you happen to have a Tardis.
[H/T Daily Dot]
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms