A few days ago it was announced that Pearl Mackie would be joining Doctor Who as the 13th Doctor’s new companion. Mackie, who has been honing her acting chops on stage in London during the National Theatre’s production of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, will play Bill, traveling through time and space alongside the Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi (who is sadly not a Corgi).
The new season will feature the Doctor and his new companion running from “the deadliest alien war machine ever devised,” which naturally means the Doctor’s longtime enemy, the dastardly Dalek, are involved.
While Mackie told the BBC that Bill was “cool, strong, sharp, a little bit vulnerable with a bit of geekiness thrown in,” Bill does not manage to keep her cool when encountering her first Dalek. Watch the video to see Mackie’s adorably un-chill reaction to meeting the Doctor’s fearsome enemy for the first time.
The new season will premiere in 2017, or now, if you happen to have a Tardis.
[H/T Daily Dot]
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com