McDonald’s is testing Chicken McNuggets that are made without artificial preservatives.
The fast food giant says it began testing the new nugget recipe in March, according to the Associated Press, with some 140 locations in Oregon and Washington offering the first batches.
McDonald’s is revitalizing its menu in an attempt to reinvigorate its U.S. business, which the company admits has faltered in recent years after failing to keep up with changing consumer tastes.
It’s not clear when the new nuggets will be available nationally or what exactly is different about them, but McDonald’s did say the recipe is “simpler” and “parents can feel good” about it, according to AP.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org