TIME 100 honoree Priyanka Chopra, star of Quantico, a TV drama about fighting terrorism, has some strong feelings about the real fight against extremism—which has come up repeatedly in the 2016 presidential race.
At the TIME 100 gala on Tuesday night, Chopra slammed 2016 candidate and fellow TIME 100 honoree Donald Trump‘s call for banning Muslim immigrants form the U.S.
“I just think you can’t put a ban on anyone,” she said. “Generalizing a type of people is really primitive.”
The fight against domestic terrorism has grown so complex that “you can’t put a face on it anymore,” she added.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now