TIME 100 honoree Priyanka Chopra, star of Quantico, a TV drama about fighting terrorism, has some strong feelings about the real fight against extremism—which has come up repeatedly in the 2016 presidential race.
At the TIME 100 gala on Tuesday night, Chopra slammed 2016 candidate and fellow TIME 100 honoree Donald Trump‘s call for banning Muslim immigrants form the U.S.
“I just think you can’t put a ban on anyone,” she said. “Generalizing a type of people is really primitive.”
The fight against domestic terrorism has grown so complex that “you can’t put a face on it anymore,” she added.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at firstname.lastname@example.org