Ariana Grande mouthed along to the lyrics as Minaj performed.
The superstar paused her performance to praise the women in the room. “If you don’t need a man to buy you a car or a house, make some mother-f—ing noise,” she said.
She went on to send a message to the men in the room: “If you don’t know how to treat your woman, there are 100 dudes lined up ready to treat her like a queen.”
She then dedicated “Anaconda” to Joe Biden and Donald Trump. “I’m very political and I would like to dedicate a song in the spirit of unity to Joe Biden and Donald Trump,” she said, laughing as “Anocanda” came on. At the end she asked, “Who do you think likes the biggest butts? Donald Trump or Joe Biden? Trump?”
She concluded with “Super Bass.”
Minaj, who appeared on one of six TIME 100 covers, recently completed a tour.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up