It was definitely not his first Springsteen concert. In February, the politician tweeted from one he called “#136.” He has been a fan of “The Boss” since he was a teen and once described himself as “friends” with the musician in the past, though the feeling may not always have been mutual. For instance, the rock star, who has campaigned for Democrats, turned down an invite to perform at Christie’s inauguration. And in 2014, the rocker sang a parody of “Born to Run” about “Bridgegate” with Jimmy Fallon on his late-night show.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving