Ellen DeGeneres honored the late pop singer Prince on her talk show on Tuesday.
Describing the seven-time Grammy winner who died last week as an “icon” and a “genius,” she replayed her 2003 interview with the singer during the show’s first season and re-aired his performance of “Kiss” from that episode. She explained to the audience that it was a big deal for him to go on the show back then because stars usually “wait to see if a talk show is successful.”
She is the latest comedian and TV host to share a story about the music legend in the last week. Jimmy Fallon recalled the time that Prince walloped him in a ping-pong match, while Jimmy Kimmel wore a purple tie. Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, and James Corden also sang his praises on their shows.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement