Ellen DeGeneres honored the late pop singer Prince on her talk show on Tuesday.
Describing the seven-time Grammy winner who died last week as an “icon” and a “genius,” she replayed her 2003 interview with the singer during the show’s first season and re-aired his performance of “Kiss” from that episode. She explained to the audience that it was a big deal for him to go on the show back then because stars usually “wait to see if a talk show is successful.”
She is the latest comedian and TV host to share a story about the music legend in the last week. Jimmy Fallon recalled the time that Prince walloped him in a ping-pong match, while Jimmy Kimmel wore a purple tie. Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, and James Corden also sang his praises on their shows.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears