There’s a reason Thor Björnsson was chosen to play a character who is nicknamed “The Mountain” on Game of Thrones. The 27-year-old actor — who is 6-foot-9 and weighs nearly 400 pounds — is a force to be reckoned with. In fact, when he’s not busy portraying Ser Gregor Clegane on the HBO drama, he spends his days training for World’s Strongest Man competitions, a regime that apparently requires eating an insane amount of calories every day.
Björnsson posted a photo of himself on Instagram on Tuesday that is captioned with a list of all the foods he consumes on a daily basis. The diet — which involves him eating at least every two hours — consists mostly of protein-packed foods such as meat and nuts, and fruits and vegetables. He even gets up in the middle of the night for a delicious snack of protein powder or raw eggs.
Check out the full list above.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving