Since Prince passed away at the age of 57 on April 21, there have been an abundance of tributes to the legacy he left behind in the music world. However, some of the best commemorations to the Purple One have come in the form of stories that have nothing to do with his life as a recording artist.
On Monday night’s episode of The Tonight Show, Jimmy Fallon and Roots band leader Questlove shared a story about Prince challenging Fallon to a game of ping pong shortly after the host’s daughter was born. Unable to refuse the invitation, Fallon showed up to the match only to be destroyed by the pop icon, who wore a double-breasted crushed blue velvet suit for the event.
Read More: Revisit the Iconic Chappelle’s Show Sketch That Inspired a Prince Song
The best moment of the tale comes when the duo describes what happened immediately following Fallon’s defeat.
Watch the full video above.
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk