Kid Rock‘s personal assistant died in an apparent ATV crash at the singer’s Nashville estate Monday.
“I am beyond devastated to report that my personal assistant Mike Sacha passed away today in an ATV accident here in Nashville,” Kid Rock, real name Robert Ritchie, wrote in a statement on his website. “He was a member of our family and one of the greatest young men I have ever had the pleasure to not only work with, but also to become friends with.”
The Tennessean reports that Sacha, 30, is believed to have died after driving guests from a cookout on Ritchie’s property around midnight on Monday. He seems to have lost control of his ATV and crashed on the way back to the residence. Ritchie and a friend found Sacha late Monday morning, but he was already deceased by the time the fire department arrived.
Ritchie said he would stay in Nashville “until I can bring [Mike] home to his family.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Tessa Berenson at tessa.Rogers@time.com