Star Wars: Episode VIII star Daisy Ridley has been learning new combat moves from an unlikely source — a stormtrooper, in fact.
In a video posted to Instagram on Monday, the English actress showed off some swordplay techniques she picked up from Liang Yang. If that name doesn’t ring a bell, he’s the stunt performer who played the baton-wielding First Order trooper FN-2199 in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Ridley describes him as a “wushu fricking master” and adds, “I always try to get him to teach me things.”
Check out Ridley’s skills (and imagine her wielding a lightsaber) in the video above. Star Wars: Episode VIII opens Dec. 15, 2017.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma