Jimmy Fallon is known for playing fun games with his celebrity guests on The Tonight Show, and his hugely popular lip-sync battles have always been a crowd favorite.
When pop princess Ariana Grande visited Monday night, however, the late-night host took a different — but just as entertaining — approach. The duo shot a skit featuring Grande in her dressing room, with Fallon entering and announcing himself as “Me, Myself & I.”
They then proceeded to discuss everything from their #ThrowbackThursday Instagram posts (Grande’s from when she was “7 years” old and Fallon’s from when he was “Seventeen”) to their weekend plans (Jimmy wants to go to Home Depot and swing from a “Chandelier”). He also managed to slip in a mention of Grande’s new single “Dangerous Woman,” which she performed at the end of the show.
The real star of the night, however, was Grande’s grandmother — or nonna, as she calls her — who was in the audience and apparently has quite a soft spot for Fallon.
He’s married, though, so as Grande lip-synched earlier, her nonna might be indulging in some “reckless behavior.”
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was