Crew members from Norwegian Cruise Line pulled two unconscious children, ages 4 and 6, out of a pool on Monday. Medical staff revived the oldest child, but pronounced the youngest one dead, according to Reuters.
The U.S. coast guard airlifted the surviving child, along with the grandmother, to a North Carolina hospital. “We are extremely saddened to report that a tragedy occurred on board Norwegian Breakaway this morning,” read an official statement on Norwegian Cruise Line’s Facebook page. “Devastatingly, the younger child passed away on board.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.