After showing off Rey’s natural prowess as a fighter in The Force Awakens, Daisy Ridley is now honing her lightsaber skills in preparation for future battle scenes in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VIII. The 24-year-old actress posted an Instagram video on Monday that shows her training with Liang Yang — a well-known stuntman and the actor behind the now-infamous Stormtrooper who yells, “Traitor,” when he encounters Finn during the attack on Maz Kanata’s bar.
The clip shows Ridley executing some fancy spin moves and jumps while wielding a stick about the same size as the Jedi weapon of choice.
Watch the full video above.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve