After showing off Rey’s natural prowess as a fighter in The Force Awakens, Daisy Ridley is now honing her lightsaber skills in preparation for future battle scenes in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VIII. The 24-year-old actress posted an Instagram video on Monday that shows her training with Liang Yang — a well-known stuntman and the actor behind the now-infamous Stormtrooper who yells, “Traitor,” when he encounters Finn during the attack on Maz Kanata’s bar.
The clip shows Ridley executing some fancy spin moves and jumps while wielding a stick about the same size as the Jedi weapon of choice.
Watch the full video above.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization