Patrick Dempsey — or McDreamy, as Grey’s Anatomy fans know him as — left the ABC drama in 2015, but the show, now in its 12th season, is still thriving. And its star, Ellen Pompeo, isn’t surprised: “It’s amazing how much you get done without a penis,” she said on Monday’s The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
“We miss him dearly,” she went on to clarify, “but, yeah, the show is doing very well.”
“I think a lot of people were really upset about his departure, which is super understandable,” Pompeo went on. “But I think the change is part of the reason why the show goes on so long. I think people tune in to see what is the show look like now, what is Meredith going to do without Derek. I think they get so upset about the change, but change is precisely what everyone always needs to sort of get to the next place.”
Watch Pompeo’s full interview with Ellen DeGeneres above, and see Grey’s Anatomy when it airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer