Dangerous storms packing large hail and potential tornadoes were bearing down on large swaths of the country on Monday, with forecasters warning of a bumpy week ahead.
Plains states got an initial taste of the severe-weather outbreak on Sunday. Hail nearly twice the size of a quarter was spotted in Nebraska — along with what appeared to be tornadoes.
On Monday, NBC News meteorologist Bill Karins warned that 13 million Americans could be in the path of severe storms. Large hail will be the primary concern but tornadoes also could be a possibility, according to forecasters.
The Great Lakes area could…
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time