A crocodile attacked a 19-year-old camper in northern Australia early Monday, biting the teenager’s foot as he was sleeping near the edge of the water, he said.
Peter Rowsell told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation he was jolted awake about 4:30 a.m. when the reptile started “shaking” his right foot, according to the Agence France-Presse. “I woke up and had a look and it was three to four meters long,” he said.
The camper hit the crocodile “once or twice” on the head, causing it to retreat back into the water. Rowsell sustained non-life threatening puncture wounds to his lower right leg and was being treated at a hospital, according to The Guardian.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy