Kanye West took the opportunity of a friend’s wedding this weekend to poke fun at himself, revisiting the infamous occasion when he interrupted Taylor Swift at an awards ceremony with the words: “I’mma let you finish, but…”
In the middle of a speech at the wedding of West’s friend Dave Grutman in Miami, the rapper grabbed the mic, the New York Daily News reports. West then made a clear reference to the 2009 moment, when he cut in on Swift’s acceptance speech for best female video at the MTV Video Music Awards because he felt the award should have gone to Beyoncé.
“I’mma let you finish, but Dave and Isabela had one of the best weddings of all time!” West says in a video from the wedding on Saturday.
The 2009 interruption was the start of a sometimes acrimonious relationship between West and Swift. Most recently, a recent track released by West, “Famous,” raised controversy with the line: “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex/ I made that bitch famous.”
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022