Kanye West took the opportunity of a friend’s wedding this weekend to poke fun at himself, revisiting the infamous occasion when he interrupted Taylor Swift at an awards ceremony with the words: “I’mma let you finish, but…”
In the middle of a speech at the wedding of West’s friend Dave Grutman in Miami, the rapper grabbed the mic, the New York Daily News reports. West then made a clear reference to the 2009 moment, when he cut in on Swift’s acceptance speech for best female video at the MTV Video Music Awards because he felt the award should have gone to Beyoncé.
“I’mma let you finish, but Dave and Isabela had one of the best weddings of all time!” West says in a video from the wedding on Saturday.
The 2009 interruption was the start of a sometimes acrimonious relationship between West and Swift. Most recently, a recent track released by West, “Famous,” raised controversy with the line: “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex/ I made that bitch famous.”
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'