Kanye West took the opportunity of a friend’s wedding this weekend to poke fun at himself, revisiting the infamous occasion when he interrupted Taylor Swift at an awards ceremony with the words: “I’mma let you finish, but…”
In the middle of a speech at the wedding of West’s friend Dave Grutman in Miami, the rapper grabbed the mic, the New York Daily News reports. West then made a clear reference to the 2009 moment, when he cut in on Swift’s acceptance speech for best female video at the MTV Video Music Awards because he felt the award should have gone to Beyoncé.
“I’mma let you finish, but Dave and Isabela had one of the best weddings of all time!” West says in a video from the wedding on Saturday.
The 2009 interruption was the start of a sometimes acrimonious relationship between West and Swift. Most recently, a recent track released by West, “Famous,” raised controversy with the line: “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex/ I made that bitch famous.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State