Ted Cruz invoked Hillary Clinton’s name for a joke he used to criticize Republican rival Donald Trump’s stance on so-called “bathroom bills.”
The Texas senator, who is in favor of laws that would force transgender people to use restrooms that match the gender they were assigned at birth, has slammed Trump for disagreeing. He painted a vivid image of a hypothetical situation during a campaign stop in Terre Haute, Indiana, which he said was meant to “make things real simple” to voters.
“If Donald Trump dresses up as Hillary Clinton, he still can’t go to the girl’s bathroom,” Cruz said, according to ABC News.
Trump has said that people should be allowed to use whatever bathroom they feel is appropriate, while Cruz believes that idea is “absurd.” “The idea that grown men would be allowed alone in a bathroom with little girls—you don’t need to be a behavioral psychologist to realize bad things can happen,” Cruz said in an interview with Glenn Beck. “A prudent person wouldn’t allow that.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization