Anjali Ramkissoon, a fourth-year neurology resident, was placed on leave after the video showed her fighting with an Uber driver when she got into his car without a reservation and refused to get out, NBC News reported.
“Jackson Health System is moving forward with the termination of Dr. Anjali Ramkissoon, a resident doctor. She is entitled to an appeal process,” the hospital said in a statement, reported by NBC.
In the video, Ramkissoon is seen yelling at the driver and throwing things at him, while he refuses to drive her anywhere. As the two scuffle, she kicks him and he pushes her to the ground.
“I made a huge mistake, the biggest mistake of my life, and that person is not me,” Ramkissoon said in an interview with ABC News in January. “It was probably one of the worst days of my life and I was caught at my lowest moment. Nothing like this has ever happened.”
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World