Anjali Ramkissoon, a fourth-year neurology resident, was placed on leave after the video showed her fighting with an Uber driver when she got into his car without a reservation and refused to get out, NBC News reported.
“Jackson Health System is moving forward with the termination of Dr. Anjali Ramkissoon, a resident doctor. She is entitled to an appeal process,” the hospital said in a statement, reported by NBC.
In the video, Ramkissoon is seen yelling at the driver and throwing things at him, while he refuses to drive her anywhere. As the two scuffle, she kicks him and he pushes her to the ground.
“I made a huge mistake, the biggest mistake of my life, and that person is not me,” Ramkissoon said in an interview with ABC News in January. “It was probably one of the worst days of my life and I was caught at my lowest moment. Nothing like this has ever happened.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Katie Reilly at Katie.Reilly@time.com