Just in time for Earth Day, 20th Century Fox has released a new trailer for Independence Day: Resurgence that shows the planet once again under attack by a horde of invading extraterrestrials. The film is a sequel to Roland Emmerich’s 1996 sci-fi hit that stars alum Jeff Goldblum and newcomer Liam Hemsworth as the leaders of an interplanetary defense force fighting to save the world as humans know it.
“I had years to get us ready,” says Goldblum as David Levinson. “We never had a chance.”
Independence Day: Resurgence hits theaters on June 24, 2016.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body