Prince, who died Thursday at the age of 57, was known as much for being a legendary performer as he was for being a style icon.
At awards shows and performances, he donned necklaces, boas and colorful suits featuring glitter, sequins and lace—often purple and paired with a statement electric guitar.
Watch the above video to see Prince’s changing looks through the decades.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating