With his unforgettable couplets, quips and coined phrases, William Shakespeare is one of the most quoted and referenced writers of all time. Nearly anyone who’s attended high school has had to read his works. Yet while we know his written word well, we have only limited information about his actual life. In honor of the 400th anniversary of his death, here’s what we do know of the Bard of Avon—his own “hour upon the stage … full of sound and fury”—presented in one minute.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving