Conor McGregor is not retired from UFC, but wants to take time from promotions to train, the MMA fighter wrote on Facebook Thursday morning.
McGregor said he got “lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting” and wants fewer promotional duties, so he can train and return to fight for the UFC 200. His post comes a day after the UFC star tweeted that he had “decided to retire young.”
“I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man. I need to prepare correctly this time,” McGregor wrote. “I can not dance for you this time.”
“For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations – I AM NOT RETIRED,” he concluded.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time