Universal dropped a brand new trailer for Jason Bourne, which features Matt Damon reprising his role as the bulked-up super spy. Though it’s been nearly a decade since Bourne last appeared on the big screen in 2002’s The Bourne Identity, time seems to have only made him more ruthless when it comes to righting the world’s wrongs (which in this case, take the form of new sociopolitical threats, cyber warfare, and economic upheaval).
With a chase scene that lays waste to the Las Vegas strip, a government hack referred to as “worse than Snowden,” and plenty of fisticuffs, the two-and-a-half-minute trailer reveals footage that hints at a movie that’s definitely in keeping with Bourne’s previous outings.
Fans were also treated to a closer look at some of Jason Bourne’s supporting cast: Alicia Vikander (The Danish Girl) stars as a technology-savvy CIA analyst, Tommy Lee Jones (No Country for Old Men) as a CIA honcho, and of course, Julia Stiles also returns to the part of Nicki, taking up her old spot right by Bourne’s side. Vincent Cassel (Black Swan) and Riz Ahmed (Nightcrawler) also star.
“Hopefully we can reassure our audience that what they’re seeing is an authentic Bourne movie with an authentic Bourne feel with the same character, but nine years later,” shares returning director Paul Greengrass of the upcoming film’s emotionally-charged action. “You don’t make this kind of movie unless you think it can be a worthy successor.”
Jason Bourne bursts into theaters July 29, 2016.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time