A Michigan woman is expected to be formally charged with the brutal murder and dismemberment of her son Monday. She allegedly disposed of his cut-up body parts in rural Michigan, the Detroit Free Press reports.
Though the police have not yet released the suspect’s name, local news outlets are reporting that Donna Chaffin Scrivo, 59, was booked in Macomb County jail over the weekend for an open murder charge, pending a warrant review Monday. St. Clair County Sheriff Tim Donnellon told the Free Press that the mother is expected to be arraigned Monday in Macomb County.
Scrivo filed a missing person’s report for her son, Ramsay Scrivo, last Monday claiming he was missing for about a day. The dismembered human remains were found Thursday in garbage bags in rural parts of St. Clair and China townships. The remains were later identified by the FBI through fingerprints.
Donna Scrivo filed a mentally ill petition for hospitalization on May 16 last year, a request which was reportedly deferred. Scrivo was said to have been staying with her son while work was done on her house.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction