Maisie Williams took a break from playing Arya Stark on HBO’s Game of Thrones to take on a new role: Lorraine, the unassuming store assistant.
In a prank video for Nylon magazine, the 19-year-old pretended to be a regular employee at Aero Hobbies, a gaming store in Los Angeles, as the fans of the fantasy show arrived for a merchandise giveaway. Most recognized the actress immediately, but a few were left second guessing themselves, Entertainment Weekly reports.
“This is you,” one customer said holding an Arya Stark action figure. “No,” Williams responded, “I’m Lorraine.”
Another fan got right to the point: “You’re 100% Game of Thrones.”
In return for free Game of Thrones swag, Williams directed customers through their favorite scenes from the series. Fans beamed as they recreated Arya killing the Hound, Joffrey being poisoned and a plenty of dragon impersonations.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization