I first became aware of Gina Rodriguez when she was just starting out starring on Jane the Virgin and a friend sent me an article in which she mentioned me. Aside from being flattered, I was struck by her healthy regard for herself—and now that I know her, I continue to be impressed by this confidence, which I never felt at her age. Whenever she talks about herself or about being Hispanic, she’s sending the message “I deserve this, I work very hard, and I’m a good person.” I can say that about myself now, but I’m 84! That she can do that with such confidence and élan at her age imparts an enormous amount of inspiration to young people.
Gina is a young woman who knows her true north and orbits in a galaxy all her own. On top of that, she is talented, hardworking, socially conscious, salty, charming and raucous!
How fine that, in my lifetime, I’m witnessing such an inspiration for the new generation.
Brava, you lovely girl!
Moreno was among the first performers to win an Oscar, an Emmy, a Grammy and a Tony
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases