I first became aware of Gina Rodriguez when she was just starting out starring on Jane the Virgin and a friend sent me an article in which she mentioned me. Aside from being flattered, I was struck by her healthy regard for herself—and now that I know her, I continue to be impressed by this confidence, which I never felt at her age. Whenever she talks about herself or about being Hispanic, she’s sending the message “I deserve this, I work very hard, and I’m a good person.” I can say that about myself now, but I’m 84! That she can do that with such confidence and élan at her age imparts an enormous amount of inspiration to young people.
Gina is a young woman who knows her true north and orbits in a galaxy all her own. On top of that, she is talented, hardworking, socially conscious, salty, charming and raucous!
How fine that, in my lifetime, I’m witnessing such an inspiration for the new generation.
Brava, you lovely girl!
Moreno was among the first performers to win an Oscar, an Emmy, a Grammy and a Tony
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World