To expect Donald Trump to conform to the “norms” of business and politics is like expecting a square peg to fit in a round hole. It’s just not going to happen. Trump has been a force of nature in business and politics for decades because he isn’t afraid to challenge the norms set by status quo leaders.
Sure, he’s confrontational, but his hard-nosed style is what has enabled him to turn a $1 million loan into billions and what has made him the likely Republican nominee for President of the United States.
Frankly, the U.S. is in desperate need of a leader like Trump who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and ruffle the appropriate feathers in order to get our country back on the right track.
If there were ever a time for Americans to have a ferocious leader in the White House advocating for us, it’s now.
Ellmers is a Republican Congresswoman from North Carolina
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart