To expect Donald Trump to conform to the “norms” of business and politics is like expecting a square peg to fit in a round hole. It’s just not going to happen. Trump has been a force of nature in business and politics for decades because he isn’t afraid to challenge the norms set by status quo leaders.
Sure, he’s confrontational, but his hard-nosed style is what has enabled him to turn a $1 million loan into billions and what has made him the likely Republican nominee for President of the United States.
Frankly, the U.S. is in desperate need of a leader like Trump who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo and ruffle the appropriate feathers in order to get our country back on the right track.
If there were ever a time for Americans to have a ferocious leader in the White House advocating for us, it’s now.
Ellmers is a Republican Congresswoman from North Carolina
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far