The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge released an elegant family photograph this weekend featuring their eight-month-old son, Prince George, and black cocker spaniel, Lupo. The image was released just ahead of the Royal Family’s upcoming trip to New Zealand and Australia.
In the photograph, the young Prince George — third in line to the throne — is seen looking curiously at the family dog as his parents Prince William, 31 and Duchess Kate, 32 smile at the camera.
The eight-month-old Prince George has only made two public outings since his birth, according to Agence France Presse.
The photo was taken at Kensington Palace in mid-March 2014.
PHOTOS: Here’s Kate Middleton and Prince William Cuddling Some Puppies
More Must-Reads From TIME
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Why Pence Launched His Presidential Bid in Iowa
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk