In 1960, John Sturges and William Roberts saw success with The Magnificent Seven, a western remake of Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 Seven Samurai. Now, Antoine Fuqua is looking to relive the magic again: the Training Day director is helming a new remake starring Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D’Onofrio, Byung-Hun Lee, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo and Martin Sensmeier as the seven gunslingers storming into town to seek vengeance against a villainous Peter Sarsgaard.
The shoot-’em-up arrives in theaters Sept. 23.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction