In 1960, John Sturges and William Roberts saw success with The Magnificent Seven, a western remake of Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 Seven Samurai. Now, Antoine Fuqua is looking to relive the magic again: the Training Day director is helming a new remake starring Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D’Onofrio, Byung-Hun Lee, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo and Martin Sensmeier as the seven gunslingers storming into town to seek vengeance against a villainous Peter Sarsgaard.
The shoot-’em-up arrives in theaters Sept. 23.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List