In 1960, John Sturges and William Roberts saw success with The Magnificent Seven, a western remake of Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 Seven Samurai. Now, Antoine Fuqua is looking to relive the magic again: the Training Day director is helming a new remake starring Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D’Onofrio, Byung-Hun Lee, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo and Martin Sensmeier as the seven gunslingers storming into town to seek vengeance against a villainous Peter Sarsgaard.
The shoot-’em-up arrives in theaters Sept. 23.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization