The Irish mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Conor McGregor will not fight at the forthcoming UFC 200 event in Las Vegas, the event’s president confirmed on ESPN on Tuesday night.
Dana White said that McGregor had been removed from the event because he had failed to appear at a press conference, Sports Illustrated reported.
The announcement came several hours after the fighter posted a tweet announcing his decision to “retire young.”
“Thanks for the cheese,” he wrote. He has not commented following White’s announcement.
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time