Back in September of 2015, when Queen Elizabeth II became the longest-ruling monarch in British history, we took a look at how her reign—at approximately 63 years and 7 months—stacked up against those who’d come before.
Now, in honor of her 90th birthday on Thursday, we did the math to add seven more months and 12 days to that impressive stretch. Here’s our updated look at the longest reigns in British history, along with some fun facts about Her Majesty, as the U.K. celebrates her birthday.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.