Back in September of 2015, when Queen Elizabeth II became the longest-ruling monarch in British history, we took a look at how her reign—at approximately 63 years and 7 months—stacked up against those who’d come before.
Now, in honor of her 90th birthday on Thursday, we did the math to add seven more months and 12 days to that impressive stretch. Here’s our updated look at the longest reigns in British history, along with some fun facts about Her Majesty, as the U.K. celebrates her birthday.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms