Back in September of 2015, when Queen Elizabeth II became the longest-ruling monarch in British history, we took a look at how her reign—at approximately 63 years and 7 months—stacked up against those who’d come before.
Now, in honor of her 90th birthday on Thursday, we did the math to add seven more months and 12 days to that impressive stretch. Here’s our updated look at the longest reigns in British history, along with some fun facts about Her Majesty, as the U.K. celebrates her birthday.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time