Jordan Spieth exemplifies everything that’s great about sports. We want our heroes to stand up to every challenge and deliver over and over again. And because we care so much about their performances, we often give them a pass in the rest of their lives. But once every decade or so someone like Jordan Spieth comes along. Jordan captures our imagination on the course and impresses us off of it.
Rarely is an athlete so supremely confident yet incredibly humble, so systematic in his approach yet so fluid in his delivery. Jordan possesses rare competitive greatness that he somehow shuts off when the setting calls for it. And his graciousness toward others is genuine and real. He is the standard by which our heroes should be measured.
Enjoy watching this kid grow up. He will fail and he will succeed, but more than anything, he will make you remember what our heroes are meant to look like. On and off the field.
Romo is the Pro Bowl quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body