The first photo of Elizabeth Banks as Rita Repulsa in the upcoming Power Rangers movie is finally here. Shot exclusively for People magazine, the image shows Banks fully embodying the alien witch nemesis of the mighty morphin’ teens.
The actress explained that her character’s look—which includes sharp metallic fingernails and some flashy headgear—is a new take on the villain from the 1993 television series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. “It’s definitely a modern and edgy re-imagining of the original Rita Repulsa,” she told People. “We wanted to give her a back story that connects her to the new Rangers.”
Power Rangers is set to hit theaters in 2017.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.