Soon in Madrid if you don’t pick up after your dog, you’ll face more than a glare from a neighbor.
Madrid Mayor Manuela Carmena is beginning a crackdown on dog poop on the city streets, saying careless pet owners could face fines up to 1,500 euros ($1,700), the Associated Press reports. Or, the punishment may fit the crime: Carmena says she will propose that offenders could spend time cleaning the streets on weekends as a substitute for the fine.
Madrid is initially going to focus on two city districts having especially bad problems with pet waste.7
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy