The author sent out a photo on Twitter to reveal the wands they will use to cast Avifors, Ridikulus, and Lumos spells, along with those of Ginny Weasley and Draco Malfoy.
According to Pottermore, Rowling’s digital publishing platform, the story of The Cursed Child finds Potter and his friends 19 years after the end of the original series. Potter is now working at the Ministry of Magic, and married to Ginny Weasley, with whom he has three children. As Pottermore describes, “While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted.”
The play, which so far is only planned for a London run, is based on a story by J.K. Rowling and was written by Jack Thorne. For anyone who can’t use Floo powder to travel to England to see the play, the script will be also be published as an eBook on Pottermore, and will be available in hardcover by Scholastic in the U.S. The play premieres on July 30, and the book will be released July 31, better known as Harry Potter’s birthday.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com