Saturday Night Live spoofed Thursday’s Democratic debate in Brooklyn with help from Seinfeld co-creator Larry David and the old sitcom’s lead actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
Louis-Dreyfus reprised her role as Elaine Benes to question Hillary Clinton, played by SNL’s Kate McKinnon, and Bernie Sanders, portrayed by David. As a “real New Yorker in the audience,” Benes asks Sanders to be more specific about his “vague” plans to break up big banks. “Once I’m elected president, I’ll have a nice schvitz in the White House gym, then I’ll go to the big banks, I’ll sit them down and yada, yada, yada, they’ll be broken up,” David’s Sanders says.
“What? You can’t yada, yada at a debate,” Elaine responds. She then turns to ask the former Secretary of State: “Doesn’t it suck to be the only girl in a group of guys?”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time